Electronics Lab 101 is a rigorous hands-on introduction to practical electronics for artists. The emphasis is on empirical experimentation with basic electronic circuits, focusing on developing interactive and responsive elements without requiring a computer. The goal of this workshop is to empower participants with the basic technical skills, comprehension and vocabulary necessary to approach the electronic medium intuitively and autonomously.
- Basic electronic theory and concepts;
- How to read electronic schematics;
- How to prototype circuits using a breadboard;
- How to build alternative controllers/switches, basic sensors and control motors;
- Most importantly, Electronics Lab 101 will teach people how to troubleshoot.