Deadline: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at midnight
This grant is offered through a partnership between OBORO and the Caisse Desjardins du Plateau-Mont-Royal and with the financial support of the Caisse. It is designed for artists 40 years and under who wish to dedicate themselves to the production of an innovative artwork in the field of media arts and new technology.
The grant represents $4,000 in access to equipment and resources in OBORO'S New Media Lab, $1,000 in artist fees as well as technical support for the production of the project. The selected artist will also have the opportunity to show his or her completed work during a public artist talk or presentation event.
The project can include forays into the fields of video, audio, multimedia or the web. Consult the New Media Lab section of the OBORO website to get a detailed description of available resources and equipment.
OBORO particularly encourages Aboriginal artists and culturally diverse artists to present a proposal.
List of past winners:
2006 : Jenny Lin, Transfer Point
2007 : Alexandre Quessy and Bianca Lavoie-Pilote, Perceptoire, de la perception à la mémoire
2008 : Shié Kasai, P2P
2009 : Max and Julian Stein, Audiotomates
2010 : Allison Moore, Urban Terrarium
2012 : Steffie Bélanger and Josée Brouillard, Résonnance visuelle
2014 : Émilie Mouchous, Becoming a Dragonfly
2015 : Ambivalently Yours
- to be 40 years or under;
- to live on the Island of Montreal;
- the recipient must be or become a member of the Caisse Desjardins du Plateau-Mont-Royal;
- the project has to be completed at the latest by June 10, 2017;
- the project will be presented publicly following the end of the residency.
Your proposal must include:
- a short letter of motivation;
- a project summary (250 words maximum);
- a detailed artistic and technological description of the project (3 pages maximum);
- a list of specific technical requirements from OBORO’s New Media Lab;
- a production calendar;
- your CV and a short biographical note (150 words maximum);
- if applicable, the CVs or biographical note of your main collaborators;
Via Dropbox or Wetransfer:
- visual or audio support material with a list of contents*;
- at least one landscape view image 300 dpi high resolution (minimum 438 x 315 pixels) in .tiff or .jpeg with photo credits. Should your project be selected, this image will be used for promotional purposes.
* The list could include web links to video or audio content.
Send your proposal by email to: email@example.com
Results will be announced at the beginning of July 2016.