Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM
This grant is offered through a partnership between OBORO and the Caisse Desjardins du Plateau-Mont-Royal. It is designed for artists who wish to dedicate themselves to the production of an innovative artwork in the field of media art and new technology.
The grant represents $4,000 in access to equipment and resources from OBORO'S New Media Lab, $1,000 in artist fees for production, $250 in presentation fees, as well as technical support for the production of the project. The selected artist will also have the opportunity to give a short presentation of their work to a public of international professionals from the field of digital art as part of the International Marketplace for Digital Art (MIAN) during the 20th edition of the ELEKTRA Festival, presented in mid-June 2019.
The project can include forays into the fields of video, multimedia or the web. Consult the New Media Lab section on OBORO's website to get a detailed description of available resources and equipment.
OBORO particularly encourages Indigenous artists and culturally diverse artists to present a proposal.
Deadline : January 21, 2019 at 11:59PM
Results : Week of February 11, 2019
Residency period : Between March 1 and June 14, 2019
Presentation at the MIAN: Mid-June 2019
- the proposed project should allow the artist to innovate in their practice;
- the artist lives on the Island of Montreal;
- the project has to be completed by June 14, 2019;
- the artists agrees to present the project publicly at the end of the residency.
Send your proposal via Dropbox, Wetransfer or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "New Media Creation Grant 2019".
Your proposal must include:
- a short letter of motivation;
- a project summary (250 words maximum);
- a detailed artistic and technological description of the project (2 pages maximum);
- a list of technical requirements from OBORO’s New Media Lab;
- your CV and a short biographical note (150 words maximum);
- visual or audio support material with a list of contents (Web links are accepted).
List of past winners:
2006 : Jenny Lin, Transfer Point
2007 : Alexandre Quessy and Bianca Lavoie-Pilote, Perceptoire, de la perception à la mémoire
2008 : Shié Kasai, P2P
2009 : Max and Julian Stein, Audiotomates
2010 : Allison Moore, Urban Terrarium
2012 : Steffie Bélanger and Josée Brouillard, Résonnance visuelle
2014 : Émilie Mouchous, Becoming a Dragonfly
2015 : Ambivalently Yours
2016 : Martine Frossard, The Gaze
2018 : Émilie Payeur, I Once Thought Trees Could Sing But it Was All in my Head