Deadline: Wednesday, January 24, at 11:59pm
This grant is offered through a partnership between OBORO and the Caisse Desjardins du Plateau-Mont-Royal. It is designed for artists who wish to dedicate themselves to the production of an innovative artwork in the field of media art and new technology.
The grant represents $4,000 in access to equipment and resources in OBORO's New Media Lab, $1,000 in artist fees for production, $250 in presentation fees, as well as technical support for the production of the project. The selected artist will also have the opportunity to show their completed work during Elektra Festival's International Market for Digital Art (IMDA).
The project can include forays into the fields of video, multimedia or the web. Consult the New Media Lab section on OBORO's website to get a detailed description of available resources and equipment.
OBORO particularly encourages Indigenous artists and culturally diverse artists to present a proposal.
Deadline: January 24, 2018
Results: Week of February 12, 2018
Residency period: Between March 1 and June 15, 2018
Public presentation: Between June 5 and 15, 2018 (decided jointly between OBORO and the artist)
- to present a new media-based project that allows the artist to innovate in their practice;
- to live on the Island of Montreal;
- the project has to be completed by June 15, 2018
- the artists agrees to present the project publicly at the end of the residency.
Send your proposal via Dropbox, Wetransfer or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "New Media Creation Grant 2018".
Your proposal must include:
- a short letter of motivation;
- a project summary (250 words maximum);
- a detailed artistic and technological description of the project (2 pages maximum);
- a list of technical requirements from OBORO's New Media Lab;
- your CV and a short biographical note (150 words maximum);
- visual or audio support material with a list of contents (Web links are accepted).
List of past winners:
2006 : Jenny Lin, Transfer Point
2007 : Alexandre Quessy and Bianca Lavoie-Pilote, Perceptoire, de la perception à la mémoire
2008 : Shié Kasai, P2P
2009 : Max and Julian Stein, Audiotomates
2010 : Allison Moore, Urban Terrarium
2012 : Steffie Bélanger and Josée Brouillard, Résonnance visuelle
2014 : Émilie Mouchous, Becoming a Dragonfly
2015 : Ambivalently Yours
2016 : Martine Frossard, The Gaze