THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED.
Deadline: Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
This grant is offered through a partnership between OBORO and the Caisse Desjardins du Plateau-Mont-Royal. It is designed for artists who wish to dedicate themselves to the production of an innovative artwork in the field of media art and new technology.
The grant represents $4,000 in access to equipment and resources from OBORO'S New Media Lab, $1,000 in artist fees for production, $250 in presentation fees, as well as technical support for the production of the project. The selected artist will also have the opportunity to present their work to the public in an open studio as part of the International Biennial for Digital Art (BIAN) in mid-June 2020.
The project can include forays into the fields of video, multimedia or the web. Consult the New Media Lab section on OBORO's website to get a detailed description of available resources and equipment.
OBORO particularly encourages Indigenous artists and culturally diverse artists to present a proposal.
Deadline: January 12, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Results: Week of February 10, 2020
Residency period: Between March and mid-June, 2020
Open studio: Mid-June 2020
- the proposed project should allow the artist to innovate in their practice;
- the artist lives on the Island of Montreal;
- the project has to be completed by June 12, 2020;
- the artists agrees to present the project publicly at the end of the residency.
Send your proposal via Dropbox, Wetransfer or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "New Media Creation Grant 2020".
Your proposal must include:
- a short letter of motivation;
- a project summary (250 words maximum);
- a detailed artistic and technological description of the project (2 pages maximum);
- a list of technical requirements from OBORO’s New Media Lab;
- your CV and a short biographical note (150 words maximum);
- visual or audio support material with a list of contents (Web links are accepted).
List of past winners:
2019 : somme (Emma Forgues, Sam Bourgault, Owen Coolidge, Matthew Halpenny and Matthew Salaciak), Mycocène
2018 : Émilie Payeur, I Once Thought Trees Could Sing But it Was All in my Head
2016 : Martine Frossard, The Gaze
2015 : Ambivalently Yours
2014 : Émilie Mouchous, Becoming a Dragonfly
2012 : Steffie Bélanger and Josée Brouillard, Résonnance visuelle
2010 : Allison Moore, Urban Terrarium
2009 : Max and Julian Stein, Audiotomates
2008 : Shié Kasai, P2P
2007 : Alexandre Quessy and Bianca Lavoie-Pilote, Perceptoire, de la perception à la mémoire
2006 : Jenny Lin, Transfer Point