Digital Emerging Artists' Project Presentations
Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Presented by the Society for Arts and Technology (SAT), the Conseil québécois des arts médiatiques (CQAM), Agence TOPO, Eastern Bloc, Labo NT2, OBORO, PRIM, Studio XX, and Vidéographe, Labsessions invite emerging artists working in the field of digital art to submit a new project or work-in-progress for the 12th Labsessions event, taking place on Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 5-8pm at the Society for Arts and Technology (SAT).
Labsessions aim to support emerging artists working in digital arts, and to give them the opportunity to showcase the work they do. Those events are also a networking place for artists, digital art organizations attendees and for various cultural workers.
Three projects will be selected and each artist will be invited to do a short presentation (or demo) in front of those attending the event. Following the presentations and question periods, the partner organizations will provide constructive criticism through written commentaries and suggestions which will be sent to the artist later on.
In addition to the Labsessions, partner organizations might offer assistance to their sole discretion; which can take different forms depending on their respective mandate and resources (equipment loan, access to media labs, technical support, consultation or mentorship, access to an activity or a festival, etc.).
- You must be a Canadian emerging artist working in the field of digital art;
- Having an innovative project in progress;
- Only one project by edition;
- Meeting the deadline with an application form fully completed (PDF or Word);
- Selected applicants should be ready to present their project to an audience for 15 minutes in English or French (pictures highly recommended).
- Artistic quality and originality
- Ability to realize the project
- Possibility of dissemination and impact
- Application quality
Please send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
The jury is composed of media arts organizations’ representatives. Only applicants whose projects are selected will be contacted. Travel expenses will not be covered.
Info & Contacts
Director, Art Residencies and Creation (SAT)
514-844-2033 # 214
Communications Director (CQAM)
Share on Facebook