Job Offer: Communications Manager
OBORO is an artist-run centre whose research, production, dissemination and training activities encompass media, digital and visual arts. We offer a work environment that is creative, adaptable and participatory, and strive especially to reflect our diverse cultures and identities in all spheres of activity. At OBORO, we also aim for the flexibility we know to be necessary in maintaining a healthy balance between work, family and artistic practice.
OBORO is seeking to fill a position of Communications Manager. Under the supervision of the General Director, this person ensures that the centre and its activities reach a variety of audiences through different means of communication.
More specifically, the tasks are to:
- Develop the centre's communications plan and ensure its implementation;
- Write various texts and coordinate the production of promotional material;
- Ensure that texts, such as exhibition essays, are revised;
- Update general and activity-related information on OBORO’s website and maintain social networks;
- Establish and maintain press relations with various media and keep the list of media contacts up to date;
- Coordinate the work of graphic designers and language service providers;
- Research and propose initiatives concerning new forms of communication and media, and participate in the development of the website and communication platforms;
- Act as a liaison for communications with the centre's various partners;
- Occasionally represent the organization at certain events and in the media;
- Participate in the smooth running of program activities by being on-site, in collaboration with the programming coordinator;
- Ensure the compilation of press reviews of the organization's activities.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good written skills in French and English (the primary working language is French).
- Ease with technology, telecommunication tools and social media.
- Ability to work with various software, including: Adobe Suite, MailChimp, etc.
- Interest in contemporary and media arts.
- Knowledge of the artistic community is an asset.
- In accordance with our mandate, we will give preference to candidates with an artistic, writing or curatorial practice.
• 1 year contract with the possibility of renewal
• General schedule: 21 hours per week, Tuesday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some flexibility. Occasionally, the person will be called upon to work during events, evenings and weekends.
• Expected start date: week of May 10, 2021
• Remuneration: $17.43 per hour
• All information received will be treated confidentially.
Interested persons are asked to forward a CV and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager” before 23:59 p.m. on April 18, 2021. Alternatively, we are open to receiving the CV and letter of motivation in audio or video format (please provide a hyperlink). We thank all those who apply, but only those selected will be contacted. The interviews will take place during the week of April 25.