This workshop is for the artists who want to work with spatial sound on a solid theoretical and practical basis. Talks will cover: perception, acoustics, spatial sound, loudspeakers, microphone arrays. The workshop is based on a creative approach to technology and it will include practical sessions.
The workshop will be given in French by bilingual instructors.
• General Introduction: sound spatialization in sound arts and in music;
• Basic Notions: acoustics and signal processing;
• Spatial Perception of Sound (theory and audio demos);
• Sound Spatialization: technology and methods;
• Creative Spatial Sound Capture and Microphone Arrays (theory and demos);
• Theory of Speaker Arrays and Wave Field Synthesis;
• Practical and Theoretical Exploration of a 16-Speaker Array for Wave Field Synthesis.
• Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker;
• Be a self-employed worker or a salaried employee in an enterprise not subject to 1% Training Investment*;
• Attend every session;
• Bring your own computer if available.
* Any enterprise whose total payroll is $1.000.000 or more is subject to 1% Training Investment. (Emploi-Québec Program)
Number of participants
120 $ – Payment required before Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 5 pm.
Saturdays and Sundays, January 28-29 and February 11-12, 2012 from 10 am to 5 pm.
before Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 5 pm
Please submit your registration request to:
Eddie Rodgers, New Media Lab Chief Technician
phone: 514-844-3250, ext. 230
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be made by phone or email. Full payment must be made for inscription to be valid. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or in cash. Inscription to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refunding
OBORO does not refund inscription fees except in case of illness (with a medical note) or of absolute necessity. In such cases, inscription fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the New Media Lab.
OBORO reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, inscription fees are fully refunded.