The Many Faces, Fazes and Facets of Stop Motion:
A Step-by-step, Image-by-image guide to High/Low Animation
Just in time for the return of warmth we offer you a crash course in an abundance of animation techniques from the multi-talented Frances Adair Mckenzie, Eva Cvijanović and Allison Moore. Over three weekends in April, participants will be escorted through an accelerated learning environment covering years of accrued knowledge, encompassing production paths carved by two fiercely independent feminist animation practices, from planning through installation. With their unique blend of DIY, post-punk approach and a nuanced and focused set of techniques and aesthetics, this is an opportunity to study with two prodigious experts on their craft.
List of techniques:
- Puppetry for animation
- Drawing and 2D image composition for animation
- Stop-motion and an introduction to DragonFrame software
- High and Low studio techniques (mixing DIY and professional tools)
- Green screen and other backdrops
- Panoramic visual compositions, projection and MadMapper
Noon - 5pm, April 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22, 2018
> The workshop will be offered in English. The instructors are bilingual and will happily answer questions in French.
- Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker;
- Basic knowledge of animation image-making, an asset;
- Be a self-employed worker or a salaried employee in an enterprise not subject to 1 % Training Investment*;
- Attend every workshop session.
Number of participants: maximum 8
Registration period: Tuesday to Friday, until March 29, 2018
Call or email the New Media Lab: 514-844-3250, ext. 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: 150$ (taxes included)
*NEW! Two spots are now available for employees of companies that are subject to the 1% Law.
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be done by phone or email. Full payment must be made for reservations to be valid. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or in cash. Registration to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refund
OBORO does not refund registration fees except in case of illness (with a medical note) or of absolute necessity. In such cases, registration fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the New Media Lab.
OBORO reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, registration fees are completely refunded.