Back by popular demand is this crash course in an abundance of animation techniques from the multi-talented Frances Adair Mckenzie, Eva Cvijanović and Allison Moore. Over three weekends in April and May, participants will be escorted through an accelerated learning environment covering years of accrued knowledge, encompassing production paths carved by three fiercely independent feminist animation practices, from planning through installation.
List of techniques:
- Puppetry for animation;
- Storyboarding for animation;
- Stop-motion and an introduction to DragonFrame software;
- High and Low studio techniques (mixing DIY and professional tools);
- Green screen and other backdrops;
- Panoramic visual compositions and projection.
April 20, 21, 27 and 28, May 4 and 5, 2019, Noon to 5 p.m.
> The workshop will be offered in English. The instructors are bilingual and will happily answer questions in French.
- Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker;
- Be a self-employed worker or a salaried employee in an organization not subject to 1 % Training Investment*;
- Attend every workshop session.
Number of participants: maximum 10
Registration period: Tuesday to Friday, from April 3 to 19, 2019
Call or email the New Media Lab: 514-844-3250, ext. 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: $160 (taxes included)
*NEW! Two spots are now available for employees of companies that are subject to the 1% Law. Please contact us for more details.
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be done by phone or email. Full payment must be made for reservations to be valid. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or in cash. Registration to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refund
OBORO does not refund registration fees except in case of illness (with a medical note) or of absolute necessity. In such cases, registration fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the New Media Lab.
OBORO reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, registration fees are completely refunded.