Participants in the Web Robotics workshop will learn to create dynamic websites, portfolios and other projects using open source code technology.
This workshop is meant for beginners, and will be offered in French by a bilingual instructor.
- Getting a local server up and running;
- Generate the automatic display of an artist's data files (list of sound files, image files, texts, etc…) with the interconnection of PHP (server side programming language) and MySQL (database). No need to update a site anymore!;
- Get a feel of how to play with a programming language (PHP). PHP can be extended to graphical and other creative functions, and is good to learn basic algorithms.
- Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker;
- Be a self-employed worker or a salaried employee in an enterprise not subject to 1% Training Investment*;
- Attend every session;
- Bring your personal computer if available and download the following programs: MAMP for Mac, WAMP for Windows, LAMP for Linux.
* Any enterprise whose total payroll is $1.000.000 or more is subject to 1% Training Investment. (Emploi-Québec Program)
Number of participants
$115 – Payment required before Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 5 pm.
Saturdays and Sundays, November 13-14, 20-21 and 27, and December 4-5 and 11-12, from 10 am to 1 pm.
before Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 5 pm
Please submit your registration request to:
Annie Tremblay, Lab services Coordinator
phone: 514-844-3250, ext. 230 / fax: 514-847-0330
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be made by phone or email. Full payment must be made for inscription to be valid. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or in cash. Inscription to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refunding
OBORO does not refund inscription fees except in case of illness (with a medical note) or of absolute necessity. In such cases, inscription fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the New Media Lab.
OBORO reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, inscription fees are fully refunded.