2boys.tv (Stephen Lawson and Aaron Pollard) Video for installation and performance
J. Pantoja, 2009
This workshop is designed to jump-start creative approaches to the use of video in performance and installation. Lawson and Pollard introduce participants to an imaginative toolset that includes some high-tech and some very low-tech solutions to common problems in video projection design.
The workshop will be given in french by biligual instructors.
- Survey of novel approaches to the use of video in performance and installation;
- Implementation of workflow: How to plan a project without killing your creativity;
- Introduction to a variety of simple production techniques geared to cost, non-standardised approaches to using video;
- Introduction to post-production and compositing tools for making ordinary video perform in extraordinary ways.
- Basic experience with video equipment (cameras) and with non-linear editing (iMovie, Final Cut Pro);
- Be a professional artist, creator or cultural worker;
- Be a self-employed worker or a salaried employee in an enterprise not subject to 1% Training Investment*;
- Attend every session;
- Present a short description (one paragraph) of a project you would like to initiate during the workshop.
* Any enterprise whose total payroll is $1.000.000 or more is subject to 1% Training Investment. (Emploi-Québec Program)
Number of participants
$115 – Payment required before Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5 pm.
Saturdays and Sundays, January 22-23 and 29-30, 2011, from noon to 6 pm.
before Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5 pm
Please submit your registration request and short project description to:
Annie Tremblay, Lab services Coordinator
phone: 514-844-3250, ext. 230 / fax: 514-847-0330
Reservation / Payment
Reservations can be made by phone or email. Full payment must be made for inscription to be valid. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or in cash. Inscription to a workshop is not transferable.
Cancellation / Refunding
OBORO does not refund inscription fees except in case of illness (with a medical note) or of absolute necessity. In such cases, inscription fees are transferable to another workshop or service offered by the New Media Lab.
OBORO reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time and without advance notice. In this case, inscription fees are fully refunded.
J. Pantoja, 2009
Stephen Lawson and Aaron Pollard are 2boys.tv. Based in Montreal, this transdisciplinary collaborative duo have created and toured, nationally and internationally, a wide repertoire of epic multimedia cabaret works, performances, videos and installations.