Job offer: Visitor Services Agent and Directorial Assistant
OBORO is an artist-run center whose scope covers the visual, digital and media arts. We simultaneously conduct research, production, dissemination and training activities. OBORO offers a creative, flexible and collaborative work environment and strives especially to reflect our diverse cultures and identities in all spheres of activity. The organization recognizes the flexibility required to balance work, family and artistic practice. Thanks to an equipment access policy, employees may use the New Media Lab’s spaces and equipment. The centre also offers two paid weeks off over the winter holidays, paid sick leave, and a health and wellness contribution.
Under the authority of the General Director and the Artistic Director, the Visitor Services Agent and Directorial Assistant plays an important role in the organisation’s operations, particularly with regards to administrative and dissemination activities, as well as relations with OBORO’s publics and clientele.
More specifically, the duties are:
WELCOMING THE PUBLIC
• Welcome OBORO’s visitors (artists, public, users of the New Media Lab), inform and direct them to the right services or people.
• Ensure a warm welcome and an enriching visit for visitors to the exhibitions.
• Promote the safety of visitors and staff by actively and courteously applying Covid-19 prevention measures.
• Open, close and monitor ongoing exhibitions; activate multimedia works.
• Participate in mediation, animation and outreach activities.
• Contribute to the smooth running of programming events.
• Provide logistical support for meetings and various committees.
• Write and send documents to the members of the Board of Directors.
• Attend certain meetings and write up the minutes.
• Participate in the writing of grant applications and reports.
• Maintain the grant calendar and ensure follow-ups.
• Participate in private fundraising: manage donations and tax receipts.
• Fulfill filing and archiving tasks with the team.
• Manage office supplies and equipment and follow up on vendor services.
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
• Organize team meetings and take minutes of team meetings.
• Manage the general email box as well as the centre’s main phone line.
The successful candidate must be eligible for a wage subsidy from Emploi-Québec and obtain a letter of eligibility from their Local Employment Centre (LEC). This offer is accompanied by a training plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work on different files in parallel.
• Interest in contemporary and media arts.
• Bilingualism in French and English essential (working language is French).
• Knowledge of the cultural sector and understanding of the functioning of an artist-run center is an asset.
• Ability to use software in the Office Suite.
• In keeping with our mandate, we will give preference to candidates with a practice in art, writing or curating.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• 30 week fixed term contract. Possibility of renewal leading to a long-term contract.
• General schedule: 30 hours per week according to the following schedule:
– During the exhibition period: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 11:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
– Non-exhibition periods: Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Please note that due to circumstances related to Covid-19, the schedule for welcoming visitors may be modified.
• Expected start date: August 31, 2022, conditional on obtaining the salary subsidy from Emploi-Québec.
• Remuneration: $17.60 per hour.
• The reception office is located in an open-plan workspace.
• All information received will be treated confidentially.
Send a resume and a cover letter in French or English to email@example.com with the title ” Visitor Services Agent and Directorial Assistant ” in the subject line before August 15, 2022, at 5 p.m. Alternatively, we are open to receiving the CV and motivation in audio or video format (please provide a hyperlink). We thank all those who applied, however only those selected will be contacted. Interviews will take place during the week of August 21, 2022.